for solo piano
From the influences of the Southern US and the Caribbean to the Igbo people of Africa, this second volume truly represents the music of Africa and its Diaspora. This intermediate-level volume features more jazz and syncopated pieces that are both reflective and dance-like. Performance notes and composer biographies are also provided.
- Laurindo Almeida: Lament in Tremelo Form
- Ulysses Kay: Invention No. 2
- Nathaniel Dett: Honey
- JoshuaUzoigwe: Nigerian Dance No. 1
- Wallace M. Cheatham: Prelude No. 1 'Joshua fit the Battle of Jericho'
- Wallace M. Cheatham:Prelude No. 2 'Poor Mourner's Got a Home'
- Christian Onyeji: Oga
- Amadeo Roldan y Gardes: Preludio Cubano
- Florence B. Price: Silk Hat and Walking Cane
- John W. Work III: At a Certain Church
- J.H. Kwabena Nketia: Volta Fantasy
- Akin Euba: Igb'a Kerin - `Awon Ab`ami Eye
- Akin Euba: Igb'a K`inn'i - Ak`er`e gb`e Baba Emu
- Alain PierrePradel: Pomme Cannelle
- Halim El-Dabh: Basseet
- Halim El-Dabh: Nim Nawakht
- Eleanor Alberga: If the Silver BirdCould Speak
No current reviews, check back soon!